Join us Tuesday, April 9 from 6 to 7 pm for an Author Talk with Stan Skrabut, local author of Read to Succeed: The Power of Books to Transform Your Life and to Put You on the Path to Success.
The evening will include a question and answer session, as well as an opportunity to
network will local authors and fellow writers.
Coloring & Cookies Wednesdays 11am–12pm Heritage Room
An inter-generational coloring hour with cookies and coloring pages for all ages! All materials provided. All ages welcome.
#NoFilter selections* for 2019:
• January : Dumplin’ by Julie Murphy
• February: Speak Easy, Speak Love by McKelle George
• March: Five Feet Apart by Rachael Lippincott
• April: An Assassin’s Guide to Love & Treason by Virginia Boecker
• May: Scythe by Neal Shusterman
• June: The Lying Woods by Ashley Elston
• July: Eragon by Christopher Paolini
• August: The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
• September: To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han
• October: Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco
• November: The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
• December: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
Rebel Readers book selections for 2019:
• January: Beartown by Fredrik Backman
• February: The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
• March: Persepolis: The Story of a Childhood by Marjane Satrapi
• April: Artemis Fowl (Artemis Fowl, Book 1) by Eoin Colfer
• May: Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
• June: Drama by Raina Telgemeier
• July: This One Summer by Mariko Tamaki
• August: The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
• September: Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
• October: Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz
• November**: The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie
• December: A Bad Kitty Christmas by Nick Bruel
**We will not meet in November due to Thanksgiving, but instead will discuss November’s
selection at our December meeting.
We are looking for local authors who may be interested in joining and/orleading the group for 2019
We meet the Second Saturdays 10am-12pm and Fourth Tuesdays 6:00-7:00pm. Writers of all
genres are invited to come together to share their writing successes and struggles, give and
receive feedback, offer suggestions and support, and improve their writing in the comfortable
and judgement-free setting of the library. All-level experience writers welcome!